Ronald J. Arceneaux, P.E., P.L.S.
PRESIDENT / CEO
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, 1977, Lamar University
Professional Engineer: Texas (No. 50052)
Registered Professional Land Surveyor: Texas (No. 4572)
Arceneaux & Gates Consulting Engineers, Inc., 1988-Present, President/CEO
Soutex Surveyors, Inc., 1987-1988, Engineer
Turner Collie & Braden, Inc., 1979-1987, Staff Engineer
Bob Shaw Consulting Engineers, 1977-1979, Graduate Engineer
Texas Department of Transportation, 1977, Inspector
Colorado Department of Highways, 1974, 1975, Surveyor
Mr. Arceneaux supervises the planning and design of water transmission, utility systems, drainage, maritime and transportation projects for
public and private concerns. He has 33 years experience in the administration of privately funded projects, and public works projects funded by
State and Federal agencies. As a recognized business and civic leader, Mr. Arceneaux has demonstrated excellence in organizational skills,
technical training, and team leadership critical to the successful completion of many past area-wide projects. Through his networking with
regional leaders, elected officials and businesses, Mr. Arceneaux has established the necessary contacts to aid in data collection, identification
of policy and decision makers, and familiarity with agency interaction. This expertise is clearly reflected in the brief selection of representative
projects which follow.
- Airport Master Plan Update, Southeast Texas Regional Airport, Jefferson County, Texas. Participated as a sub-consultant to the prime
engineer DMJM Aviation, in preparing an update to the SETRA Master Plan. Responsibilities included preparing Airport Layout Plan and providing
boundary and topographic surveys of the Airport.
- Environmental Impact Statement, State Highway 87, Jefferson County, Texas. Project Manager for sub-consulting services to Turner
Collie & Braden, Houston, Texas. A&G's role involves investigation of beneficial uses of dredged material, schematic design, and mapping of
recommended route for State Highway 87 from Sabine Pass to High Island which is currently undergoing the NEPA process.
- Heritage Oaks Townhome Subdivision, Port Neches, Texas. Project Manager for planning, design and construction management services
for the creation of water, sanitary sewer, paving and drainage facilities to serve a new 3.975 acre townhome subdivision in Port Neches, Texas.
Scope of responsibilities included the preparation of preliminary and final subdivision plat for the 32-lot development, preparation of detailed Plans,
Contract Documents and technical Specifications, and coordination for all reviews by agencies having jurisdiction.
- Project Manager for large planning projects such as:
- Airport Business Park, Port Arthur, Texas. Project Manager for planning, design and construction management services for the creation of a
100-acre business park adjacent to Jefferson County Airport. Scope of responsibilities included the preparation of preliminary and final
subdivision plat, preparation of detailed Plans, Contract Documents and technical Specifications, and coordination for all reviews by agencies
- Hillcrest Area Water and Sewer, Port Arthur, Texas. Project Manager for preliminary and final design of utility system to serve a growing
commercial corridor along U.S. highway. The CDBG funded project was estimated to cost over $500,000 for construction.
- 39th Street Improvement, Groves, Texas for the Texas Department of Transportation. Project Manager for the preparation of PS&E for
39th Street, S.H. 73 to Main Avenue. Project included detailed plans for paving, drainage, traffic control and intersection geometry.
- Utility System Serving Jefferson County Airport and County Offices, Jefferson County, Texas. Project Manager for the preliminary and
final design of a water distribution and wastewater collection system serving the Airport and County Office complex. Project consisted of
wastewater collection lines, lift station, and force main to eliminate septic tank system.
- U.S. Hwy. 96 Improvement, Silsbee, Texas for the Texas Department of Transportation. Project Manager for the preparation of PS&E
for U.S. Hwy. 96 in Hardin County. Project included grading, base, concrete pavement and bridges for 1.8 mile improvement.
- Public Boat Dock Facility, Port Arthur, Texas. Project Manager for preliminary and detailed design of public boat dock and park
improvements along the Sabine-Neches Canal in Port Arthur. Project included prestressed concrete structure, utilities, parking area, picnic
facilities, and walkways designed to meet ADA requirements. Project was funded by a Coastal Management Program grant and the U.S.
Department of Commerce.
- Port of Port Arthur Mooring Dolphin, Port Arthur, Texas. Project Manager for the preparation of detailed plans and specifications for the
installation of a mooring dolphin. Performed hydrodynamic analysis, including ship interaction, to determine load conditions.
- Site Planning and Design, R & R Marine Maintenance, Inc., Port Arthur, Texas. Project Engineer for the design of mooring and breasting
dolphins and a work pier for R & R Marine Maintenance, Inc., a vessel repair facility operating on the Sabine-Neches Canal in Port Arthur. A&G
assisted the Owner during initial start-up by representing R & R Marine in the permitting process with the Corps of Engineers.
- Navigation Study, Port of Houston Authority, Houston, Texas. Performed navigation study for the Bayport Ship Channel to model the
effects of proposed developments and navigation safety.
- Navigation Study for Goldston Engineering, Inc., Houston, Texas. Performed navigation study to determine vessel interaction forces for
terminal facilities at GATX on the Houston Ship Channel.
Alligator Bayou Watershed Study
Tiger Creek Watershed Study
Anderson Gully Watershed Study
City of Port Arthur Drainage Master Plan
Mapping of Port Arthur Sanitary Sewer System
Heatherbrook Trail Relief Sewer
- Flood Plain Hydrology
- Global Positioning System (GPS) Applications
- Wetlands and 404 Permitting
- Bridge Scour Analysis
- Surveying Law
- Construction Claims Under Texas Law
- Advanced Biological Waste Treatment
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Texas Society of Professional Engineers
- Texas Society of Professional Surveyors
- Orange Chamber of Commerce
- Beamont Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Port Arthur Chamber of Commerce
- Sabine Users Safety Coalition